Hey there! Are you looking for an easy and hearty freezer meal to make ahead and freeze for those busy weeknights? Look no further than these oven-roasted cauliflower fajitas!
First of all, let’s talk about how delicious these fajitas are. The combination of roasted cauliflower, sweet onions, and colorful bell peppers seasoned with smoky paprika, cumin, and a hint of cayenne pepper is simply mouthwatering.
And the best part? They are made with whole food ingredients like cauliflower, bell peppers, and onions and are seasoned with paprika, cumin, and garlic powder. Avoiding processed soy, gluten, and corn ingredients makes these fajitas much healthier than commercially packaged products. These fajitas are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and nut-free, making them a great option for anyone with allergies or sensitivities to these common ingredients.
Now, let’s talk about why these fajitas are healthy. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It is also low in calories and high in fiber, making it an excellent option for weight management and digestive health. Bell peppers are also a great source of vitamins and antioxidants; onions are known for their anti-inflammatory properties.
So go ahead and enjoy these delicious and nutritious fajitas without any worries or guilt!
There are many ways to prepare these versatile fajitas! Here are a few ideas:
1. Serve with tortillas: You can serve these fajitas with your tortilla of choice. Warm up the tortillas, fill them with the roasted veggies, and top with salsa, fresh greens, and vegan sour cream.
2. Use as a filling for lettuce wraps: If you’re looking for a lower-carb option, you can use the roasted veggies as a filling for lettuce wraps. Simply spoon the veggies onto a large lettuce leaf, fold it up, and enjoy.
3. Add to rice bowls: You can add these fajitas to rice bowls for a hearty and satisfying meal. Cook some rice, top it with the roasted veggies, and add some beans, avocado, and salsa.
4. Make a salad: You can use these fajitas as a topping for a salad. Chop up some greens, add the roasted veggies, and top with a dressing of your choice.
5. Serve with quinoa: You can serve these fajitas with quinoa for a protein-packed meal. Cook some quinoa, top it with the roasted veggies, and add some fresh herbs and lemon juice.
These fajitas are so versatile that you can use them in any dish that calls for roasted veggies. So get creative and enjoy!
So if you’re looking for an easy and hearty freezer meal to make ahead and freeze for those busy weeknights, give these oven-roasted cauliflower fajitas a try. Your taste buds and your body will thank you!
- 7.998 cup cauliflower florets chopped into bite size florets (2 lb)
- 1.0002 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1.0002 green bell pepper sliced
- 1.0002 sweet onion sliced
- 0.2502 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1.9998 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.0002 tsp ground cumin
- 0.4998 tsp garlic powder
- 0.4998 tsp salt
- 0.2502 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.0002 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.0002 tbsp water
1) Label your gallon-sized freezer bag. Make sure to include name, instructions, and a use-by date (I recommend 90 days after prep date).
2) Add all of the ingredients to a freezer bag. Stir gently to combine.
3) Remove air, seal, and freeze.
-Thaw the freezer meal overnight in the fridge.
-Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
-From thawed, spread the veggies evenly on the parchment paper lined baking sheet, being careful not to overlap.
-Bake in the center rack for 30 minutes or until tender.
TIP: Serve with your tortilla of choice or as the filling for lettuce wraps. Add some salsa, fresh greens, vegan sour cream and you are good to go. If you’ve got a little extra time, heat up some pinto beans and rice to bulk up the meal.
We have tested this recipe for a serving size of 6. If you are cooking for less than 6 people, decrease the amount of liquid and the cook time. If you are cooking for more than 6 people, increase the amount of liquid and the cook time. Do this and your meals will NEVER turn out dry or mushy. Happy Cooking!