- 1.9998 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1.0002 bag (16oz per bag) frozen 3 color pepper & onion strips
- 1.0002 lime for juice
- 0.2502 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1.0002 tbsp garlic powder
- 1.0002 tbsp chili powder
- 1.9998 tsp ground cumin
- 1.0002 tsp onion powder
- 1.0002 tsp paprika
- 0.4998 tsp salt
- 0.2502 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.2502 tsp black pepper
1) Label your 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Make sure to include name, instructions, and a use-by date (I recommend 90 days after prep date).
2) Add all ingredients to your freezer bag. Stir gently to combine.
3) Remove air, seal and freeze.
-Thaw freezer meal overnight in the fridge.
-Transfer contents into Crockpot.
-From thawed, cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
-Shred or slice chicken when done cooking.
Instant Pot Instructions
-From frozen, sauté in Instant Pot for 5 minutes then flip the meal over. Pressure cook for 20 minutes on high then allow 10 minutes for natural release.
–Shred or slice chicken when done cooking.
TIP: Serve on steaming white corn tortillas (on your cheat day) and garnish with a dollop of low-fat sour cream, sliced fresh avocado, and some chives. So delicious with a side of organic black beans! Delicioso!
We have tested this recipe for a serving size of 6. If you are cooking for less than 6 people, decrease the amount of liquid and the cook time. If you are cooking for more than 6 people, increase the amount of liquid and the cook time. Do this and your meals will NEVER turn out dry or mushy. Happy Cooking!