- Now that the weather has cooled and the holiday season has begun, it’s time to think about winter freezer meals. Prepared and stored in the freezer, winter meals can be warm and filled with seasonal ingredients. Soups, pasta bakes, and creamy casseroles are all popular winter freezer meals. It’s so simple to prepare and store these foods for a chilly evening when a cozy meal sounds just right! By regularly preparing make-ahead meals for later, you can stay one step ahead of your dinner plans.
Winter Freezer Meals
There are several reasons to have a few easy freezer meals on hand. Winter means darker, cooler evenings and sometimes less time for meal prep. It also means less seasonal produce: This is when canned or frozen vegetables can come in handy! And after a busy, cold day, it’s nice to come home to dinner ready to cook up in a warm oven or instant pot. If you’re looking to make more recipes with winter vegetables, squash is a good go-to. For more ideas for seasonal winter freezer meals, check locally to see what’s in season near you.
Cozy Recipes for The Season
Cozy recipes like comfort food are especially enjoyable on brisk evenings throughout the winter. Think chunky chili, creamy pasta, and slow-cooked pot roast. Recipes like these are easy to prepare and store to cook as needed throughout the winter. And cooking methods like slow cookers make it so easy to cook these cozy recipes and keep you warm on cold nights!
Cook ahead with frozen meals to help you eat hearty, nutritious dishes all season long: When there are tasty, healthy recipes ready to go in the freezer, there’s also no excuse to order in or eat out. FreezerFit’s own cozy recipes include all of these:
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Udon Noodle Soup
- Rosemary Pepper Jack Scalloped Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Paleo Spicy Taco Soup
- Vegan Enchilada Casserole
- Keto Saucy Mustard Chicken
- Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Vegan Peanut Stir Fry
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Chili
- Italian Sausage & Cauliflower Rice Soup
- Red Lentil Curry
- Chinese Spicy Garlic Noodles
- Split Pea Soup
- Vegan Creamy Roasted Tomato Pasta
- Rosemary Balsamic Roasted Potatoes
- Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta
- Vegan BBQ Pulled “Pork” Sandwiches
- Creamy Garlic Pork Chops
Here at FreezerFit, we know how important it is to continue eating nutritious, cozy recipes all winter long. You can find winter freezer meals similar to these in FreezerFit’s healthy cooking class here. This free class also includes a printable recipe cookbook! So you can keep making those hearty, tasty frozen meals all year round.
Cold Weather Freezer Meals With Winter Produce
The start of the winter season means it’s time to get cozy with cold-weather freezer meals and holiday cooking. Winter foods like butternut squash, brussels sprouts, apples, and potatoes are all in season. This harvest means dishes like stuffed squash, roasted vegetables, and hearty stews are common winter meals. Your freezer meals will last for about three months, though, so you can enjoy other seasonal vegetables, too!
One reason to love FreezerFit’s cook-ahead method is that you can eat seasonal vegetables and ingredients all year round. Those summer tomatoes in a sauce or fall squash frozen at peak freshness will be just as tasty a couple of months down the road!
Holiday Desserts to Freeze Ahead
Many of your freezer meals might be traditional seasonal desserts, like pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce. But you can get even more creative with other freezer desserts for the holidays! When hosting for the holidays, consider some other ideas for seasonal desserts to make ahead, like these:
- Carrot Cake
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- French Toast Casserole
FreezerFit is here for you when you’re ready to plan for your holiday meals and comfort food for the winter. For even more inspiration for the best freezer meals, check out our healthy chicken freezer meals here: This free cookbook includes ingredients, instructions, and a shopping list for 15 different chicken dishes. By freezing prepared meals like these before cooking them, you can eat different kinds of cold-weather freezer meals whenever you’d like. And this meal prepping helps alleviate some of the stress associated with the busyness of everyday life.