Hey there, fellow busy working women! Are you tired of coming home after a long day and spending hours in the kitchen preparing dinner? Well, have no fear because I have the perfect recipe for you – Chicken Fajitas!
Who doesn’t love fajitas? The combination of tender chicken, colorful peppers and onions, and flavorful spices is sure to please everyone’s taste buds. Plus, it’s a Mexican-inspired dish, which is always a crowd-pleaser.
It is dairy-free, gluten-free, and low-carb, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions. It’s also packed with protein from the boneless skinless chicken breasts, which will keep you feeling full and satisfied. And let’s not forget about the colorful peppers and onions, which are loaded with vitamins and minerals.
Chicken Fajitas are easy to make. All you have to do is cut up the chicken and veggies, mix in the spices and olive oil, and freeze it all together in a gallon-sized plastic bag. When you’re ready to cook it, just thaw it overnight in the fridge and cook it in a crockpot or Instant Pot.
And if you’re looking for a change, try one of these twists!
1. Chicken Fajita Salad: Instead of serving the chicken fajitas in tortillas, serve them over a bed of lettuce and top with your favorite salad toppings like avocado, tomatoes, and cheese.
2. Chicken Fajita Soup: Make a hearty soup by adding the chicken fajita mixture to a pot of chicken broth and simmering until the flavors meld together.
3. Grilled Chicken Fajitas: Instead of cooking the chicken and veggies in a crockpot or Instant Pot, grill them for a smoky, charred flavor.
4. Chicken Fajita Quesadillas: Layer the chicken fajita mixture between two tortillas with cheese and cook until crispy and melty.
5. Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers: Stuff bell peppers with the chicken fajita mixture and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is hot and bubbly.
6. Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps: Swap the tortillas for lettuce leaves for a lighter, low-carb option.
7. Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Fajitas: Add a tropical twist by cooking the chicken and veggies with pineapple chunks and a splash of pineapple juice in a slow cooker.
8. Chicken Fajita Bowls: Serve the chicken fajita mixture over a bed of rice or quinoa and top with your favorite toppings like salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
9. Chicken Fajita Stuffed Sweet Potatoes: Bake sweet potatoes until tender, then stuff them with the chicken fajita mixture and top with shredded cheese and cilantro.
10. Chicken Fajita Pizza: Top pizza dough with the chicken fajita mixture, cheese, and your favorite toppings for a Tex-Mex twist on pizza night.
11. Chicken Fajita Breakfast Skillet: Cook the chicken fajita mixture with scrambled eggs and top with salsa and avocado for a hearty breakfast or brunch option.
This hearty and flavorful dish will surely become a family favorite and keep them coming back for more. So go ahead and make a batch today – your taste buds (and your busy schedule) will thank you!
- 1.9998 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1.0002 bag (16oz per bag) frozen 3 color pepper & onion strips
- 1.0002 lime for juice
- 0.2502 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1.0002 tbsp garlic powder
- 1.0002 tbsp chili powder
- 1.9998 tsp ground cumin
- 1.0002 tsp onion powder
- 1.0002 tsp paprika
- 0.4998 tsp salt
- 0.2502 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.2502 tsp black pepper
1) Label your 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Make sure to include name, instructions, and a use-by date (I recommend 90 days after prep date).
2) Add all ingredients to your freezer bag. Stir gently to combine.
3) Remove air, seal and freeze.
-Thaw freezer meal overnight in the fridge.
-Transfer contents into Crockpot.
-From thawed, cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
-Shred or slice chicken when done cooking.
Instant Pot Instructions
-From frozen, sauté in Instant Pot for 5 minutes then flip the meal over. Pressure cook for 20 minutes on high then allow 10 minutes for natural release.
–Shred or slice chicken when done cooking.
TIP: Serve on steaming white corn tortillas (on your cheat day) and garnish with a dollop of low-fat sour cream, sliced fresh avocado, and some chives. So delicious with a side of organic black beans! Delicioso!
We have tested this recipe for a serving size of 6. If you are cooking for less than 6 people, decrease the amount of liquid and the cook time. If you are cooking for more than 6 people, increase the amount of liquid and the cook time. Do this and your meals will NEVER turn out dry or mushy. Happy Cooking!