Hey there, busy ladies! Do you struggle to find time to make healthy meals during the week? I know I do! That’s why I love this easy freezer meal recipe for Sheet Pan Roasted Chickpea and Vegetables. It’s hearty, healthy, and can be made ahead of time and frozen for those busy nights when you just can’t deal with cooking.
First, let me tell you why this recipe is so good. It’s packed with flavor and texture. The sweet potatoes add a touch of sweetness, the bell peppers give it a nice crunch, and the chickpeas are a great source of protein. Plus, the spices like cumin and curry powder give it a nice kick.
Now, let’s talk about why it’s healthy. This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, and vegan, so it’s great for those with dietary restrictions. Plus, it’s loaded with veggies, which is always a good thing. The chickpeas also provide a good source of protein, which is essential for keeping you full and satisfied.
You can easily double or triple the recipe and make a bunch of bags to freeze for later. It’s a great way to save time and money, and you’ll always have a healthy meal when needed.
It’s a great option for a quick and easy dinner during the week. It’s also an excellent option for lunches during the week. You can easily pack it up and take it to work, and it’s a much healthier option than grabbing fast food or ordering in.
This recipe is very versatile and can be used in various ways.
Here are a few ideas:
1. Eat it on its own: This recipe is hearty enough to be a meal on its own. Just serve it up in a bowl and enjoy!
2. Stuff it in a pita bread or wrap: This recipe would be delicious as a filling for a pita bread or wrap. Just add some hummus or tzatziki sauce for extra flavor.
3. Serve it over greens: This recipe would be great served over a bed of greens like spinach or arugula. Just add a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette for a delicious and healthy meal.
4. Use it as a side dish: This recipe would be a great side dish for grilled chicken or fish. Just add a little extra olive oil and lemon juice for extra flavor.
5. Top it with an egg: (not vegan) Top this recipe with a fried or poached egg for a delicious breakfast or brunch. It’s a great way to start your day on a healthy note.
6. Add it to a grain bowl: This recipe would be delicious served over a bed of quinoa or brown rice with some avocado and a drizzle of tahini sauce.
7. Make it into a sandwich: Spread some hummus or avocado on a slice of bread and top it with the roasted chickpeas and veggies for a delicious and healthy sandwich.
8. Use it as a topping for pizza: This recipe would be a great topping for a homemade pizza. Add some tomato sauce, cheese, and the roasted chickpeas and veggies for a healthy and delicious pizza.
9. Make it into a dip: Puree the roasted chickpeas and veggies in a food processor or blender and serve it as a dip with pita chips or veggies.
10. Use it as a filling for quesadillas: Spread some cheese on a tortilla and top it with the roasted chickpeas and veggies. Add another tortilla on top and cook it on a skillet until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
These are just a few ideas for how to use this Sheet Pan Roasted Chickpea and Vegetables recipe. Get creative and try different serving options to find your favorite way to enjoy it!
If you’re looking for a healthy, hearty, and easy freezer meal recipe, then this Sheet Pan Roasted Chickpea and Vegetables recipe is definitely worth trying. It’s packed with flavor, loaded with veggies, and can be made ahead of time and frozen for those busy nights when you just can’t deal with cooking. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1.9998 sweet potato medium-sized, peeled and cubed
- 1.9998 red bell pepper cubed
- 1.9998 cup broccoli florets
- 0.4998 red onion large-sized
- 1.9998 can (15 oz per can) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1.0002 tsp salt
- 1.0002 tsp garlic powder
- 1.0002 tsp ground cumin
- 1.0002 tsp paprika
- 1.0002 tsp curry powder
- 0.4998 tsp black pepper
- 1.9998 tbsp water
- 1.0002 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1) Label your gallon-sized freezer bag. Make sure to include name, instructions, and a use-by date (I recommend 90 days after prep date).
2) Add all of the ingredients to a freezer bag. Stir gently to combine.
3) Remove air, seal, and freeze.
-Thaw the freezer meal overnight in the fridge.
-Preheat oven to 400 F.
-Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
-From thawed, spread the chickpea and vegetable mixture on the parchment paper lined baking sheet evenly, being careful not to overlap.
-Bake for 45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
TIP: This tastes great alone, but if desired garnish with fresh parsley, lemon juice, and tahini. Serve on its own or over your favorite cooked whole grain.
We have tested this recipe for a serving size of 6. If you are cooking for less than 6 people, decrease the amount of liquid and the cook time. If you are cooking for more than 6 people, increase the amount of liquid and the cook time. Do this and your meals will NEVER turn out dry or mushy. Happy Cooking!