We can all agree that whole, unprocessed or minimally processed foods provide the best health benefits. Like many of you, I’m a busy working woman who wants to make sure my family is eating the best food I can provide for them. But finding the time to make healthy meals can be challenging, and commercially prepared frozen meals are often full of over-processed ingredients and unhealthy additives. That’s why I love making whole foods freezer meals from scratch. They are easy to make and provide lots of nutrition without taking up too much time.
What Are Whole Foods Freezer Meals?
Whole foods freezer meals are meals made from fresh, natural ingredients that you prep and freeze for later use. Whole food freezer meals don’t contain processed or canned items, making them healthier than many other frozen meal options. Not only that, but since whole foods freezer meals are made ahead, they save you time throughout the week by allowing you to grab a meal from the freezer when needed instead of having to cook something from scratch each night.
Why You Should Make Whole Foods Freezer Meals
Making whole foods freezer meals is a great way to save time and energy while providing your family with nutritious meals. Here are a few more reasons why you should consider making these types of meals:
-They provide a variety of flavors and textures without having to buy multiple ingredients every week.
-You can batch cook several recipes at once, which saves time and money in the long run.
-They help reduce food waste because you only have to buy the ingredients you need for each recipe once and then freeze them until ready to use.
-They help keep your diet balanced because they offer a wide range of nutrients that come from fresh fruits and vegetables as well as protein sources such as beans, lentils, nuts, eggs, fish and poultry.
How To Make Whole Foods Freezer Meals
Making whole foods freezer meals doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming. Here are some tips for getting started:
Choose recipes that freeze well such as soups, stews, casseroles and pastas dishes since these will retain their flavor after being frozen and reheated. (Sign up to get full access to our recipe database and more!)
Prepare ingredients ahead of time by washing vegetables and chopping produce so that everything is ready when it’s time to assemble the meal in one pot or dish.
Once you have all the necessary ingredients on hand, it’s time to start prepping your meals and stock your freezer! Prepare each dish according to its recipe instructions, then portion them out into individual servings before freezing them. For the best freezer meals, make sure to use high-quality freezer bags or airtight containers; this will prevent any food from going bad during storage in the freezer!
Don’t forget to include the date they were prepared so you can eat them before they expire. I recommend printing these labels on computer paper or water-resistant stickers and taping/attaching them to your bags PRIOR to meal prep.
To ensure the best results when reheating later on down the line, label each container with the name of the dish and reheating instructions so that there is no guesswork involved later on!
8 Tasty Whole Foods Freezer Meal Recipes To Try Now!
- Spinach Lasagna – This vegetarian lasagna is filled with layers of fresh spinach and ricotta cheese for a delicious Italian dinner everyone will love!
- Chili Mac and Cheese – A comforting blend of macaroni noodles combined with chili beans makes this casserole both tasty and nutritious!
- Keto Taco Pie – Enjoy Mexican flavors without all the work by baking up this easy taco pie which uses pre-cooked chicken breast strips for convenience!
- Light Chicken Pot Pie Creamy Soup – Packed full of carrots, potatoes and peas this pot pie is perfect for those chilly winter nights!
- Paleo Turkey Pot Pie Soup – A traditional dish packed with turkey and vegetables.
- Vegan Chili Con “Carne” – Try this hearty chili packed full of fiber rich beans instead of meat for an easy vegan dinner option!
- Tomato Soup – Comfort food doesn’t get any better than this creamy tomato soup full of fresh tomatoes, onions and garlic!
- Eggplant Parmesan Bake – All your favorite Italian flavors come together in one simple bake featuring eggplants slices smothered in marinara sauce and parmesan cheese!
Making Healthy Eating Easier With Whole Foods Freezer Meals
Making healthy eating easier has never been easier than with whole foods freezer meals! Not only do they save you time throughout the week but they also provide your family with nutritious dinners packed full of flavor without having to buy multiple ingredients every week! So give one (or more!) of these recipes a try today – your body will thank you later!